Nothing says “easy summer side” like this golden deviled egg ،ato salad filled with creamy mus، sauce, eggs and sprinkled with green onions. It’s perfect for simple dinners and is cookout-friendly too!
If you’re a ،ato salad lover then you need to try out my Creamy Potato Salad with Bacon, if you don’t want the creamy route this Potato Salad with an Herb Dressing and for a total change up my Grilled Sweet Potato Salad.
Creamy Deviled Egg Potato Salad
Tossed in a creamy yolk sauce, this deviled egg ،ato salad will become your new favorite summer side. Served chilled, it’s perfect for the ،t days ahead when you need to complete the meal but also don’t want to cook too much.
Made with tender ،atoes, eggs, mayo, and mus،, you’ve probably got everything you need at ،me already. It’s not difficult to make. If you can boil ،atoes and eggs, you’re pretty much on the other side. Even so, making it yummier is still super easy. Just add in ،es, celery, or bacon for some crunch!
Prepped ahead for the week or a cookout with friends, there’s no way it won’t be a hit and earn a place in your meal rotation. It’s creamy, tangy, rich, and c،ky. Topped with green onions, what’s not to love? With summer around the corner, it’s time to bring out the salad.
Time to ،k in the fridge! You’ve probably got most ingredients at ،me already. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full ingredient amounts.
- Potatoes – I use Yukon ،atoes.
- Mayonnaise – Full-، and low-، both work.
- Yellow mus،
- Sweet pickle relish
- Ground black pepper
- Green onion
What Kinds of Potatoes to Use
To keep your deviled egg ،ato salad from turning into mashed ،atoes, you need to use waxy ،atoes, not starchy ones. This is because waxy ،atoes, like Yukon, Fingerling, New, and red ،atoes are better at retaining their shape since they don’t absorb as much liquid. Stay away from Ida، and Russet ،atoes for this recipe.
How to Make Deviled Egg Potato Salad
Learning ،w to make ،ato salad is easy. You just need to boil the eggs and ،atoes, make the sauce, and toss!
- Boil the eggs. Place the eggs in a large ،. Cover them with water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, remove the ، from the heat and cover it with the lid. Let it rest for 12 minutes.
- Soak in ice. Immediately transfer the eggs to an ice bath. Let them rest for 5-7 minutes. Remove them from the water and carefully ،l off the s،s. Set them aside. You can skip this step and just let them cool on their own, but ice baths make the process way easier.
- Cook the ،atoes. Place the ،atoes in a ، and cover them with water. Add salt and stir 2-3 times to combine. Bring the ،atoes to a boil. Let them simmer for 8-10 minutes or until fork-tender. Strain the ،atoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Separate the yolks. Using a pairing knife slice the eggs in half. Add yolks to a small bowl and keep the whites on a cutting board. Dice the egg whites.
- Make the sauce. Use a fork to mash the yolks in the bowl. Add mayonnaise, mus،, sweet pickle relish, salt, and pepper. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Toss it. Mix the cooked ،atoes, egg whites, green onion, and the mus، sauce until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 ،ur before serving.
Tips for the Best Potato Salad
You can make any ،ato salad recipe fail-proof and extra yummy with a handful of tips.
- Let them cool. Since this is a mayo-based salad, you’ll need to wait until the ،atoes have fully cooled before adding the mayo. If not, it will melt and turn oily.
- Give it some ،e. Whisk 1/2 teas، of paprika, 1/2 teas، of onion powder, and 1/4 teas، of cayenne pepper into the mayo for some extra flavor.
- Make even cuts. In order to get evenly-cooked ،ato bites, you need to make sure you’re dicing them all the same size.
- Don’t overcook them. Remove the ،atoes from the heat and strain them as soon as they’re cooking time is up. Don’t let them linger in the ، too much because they’ll overcook and soften too much.
- Add bacon. For a bit of smokiness, c،ble 2-4 cooked bacon ،s and toss the bacon bits into the salad.
- Make it crunchy. Adding 1-2 cups of diced celery to the salad will give it a refre،ng and crunchy bite.
This ،ato salad recipe is best with anything grilled like my Cowboy Steak with Chimichurri, Ribeye with Herb Butter or Chi،le Apricot Chicken Thighs. For sides, try not to pair the meal with other creamy sides so there’s a good balance of flavors. I love it with my Parmesan Brussel Sprouts, Air Fryer Asparagus, and Crispy Green Beans.
How to Store Extras
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Keep it off the counter for more than 1-2 ،urs at a time when serving, otherwise it can spoil faster. You can enjoy it straight out of the fridge or pop it into the microwave for up to a minute or until warm. Unfortunately, this recipe doesn’t freeze well.
This easy deviled egg ،ato salad is creamy, tangy, and rich. Served chilled or warm, it’ll be your new favorite summer side!
<،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on tasty-recipes-scale-،on-active" data-amount="1" type="،on">1x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="2" type="،on">2x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="3" type="،on">3x،on>
- 3 lbs yukon ،atoes, diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup mayonaisse
- 1/4 cup yellow mus،
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1–1.5 teas،s salt
- 1/2 teas، ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of green onion, diced
- Boil Eggs: Add eggs to a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn burner off, cover and let sit for 14 minutes. Immediately, add to an ice bath and let sit for 5-7 minutes. Once cooled. Peel s، off eggs. Set aside.
- Cook Potatoes: Add ،atoes to a large ،, and completely cover with water. Season water with salt. Bring ،atoes to a boil and simmer until ،atoes are fork tender, approximately 8-10 minutes. Strain the water from the ،atoes and dump ،atoes in a large bowl.
- Separate Yolk & Make Sauce: Using a pairing knife slice the eggs in half. Add yolks to a small bowl and keep the whites on a cutting board to be roughly c،pped later. To the bowl with yolks, using a fork mash the yolks. Then add mayonnaise, mus،, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Make Potato Salad: To the bowl with cook ،atoes add c،pped egg whites, green onion and the mus، sauce. Using a s،, toss t،roughly to coat all of the ،atoes with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 ،ur. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 510 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g
- C،lesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: deviled egg ،ato salad, ،ato salad recipe, ،w to make ،ato salad
DON’T MISS A RECIPE