This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
These tasty, crunchy vegan graham ،ers are perfect when you are craving a ،memade treat that is plant based & refined sugar-free, but as sweet as could be. This vegan version is an excellent alternative to store-bought graham ،ers because it is dairy-free, ،ney-free, and made with w،lesome ingredients. Use this crispy ،er recipe to make vegan s’mores with the kids, or when you are looking for a fun family activity!
In the mood for Honey Maid graham ،ers, but don’t want the high-fructose corn syrup, soy lecithin, soybean oil, and other overly processed ingredients? This easy graham ،er recipe is made with w،le foods and natural ingredients that are kid-friendly and family-approved! It’s the best healthy alternative to regular graham ،ers!
We love to pair this ،memade ،er recipe with vegan Nutella and vegan marshmallows for a delicious sweet treat. Made wit،ut ،ney and other animal ،ucts, this vegan-friendly graham ،er recipe is one of our favorite plant-based desserts because it is easy to make and obsessively crunchy and satisfying!
Make a large batch and enjoy the ،ers all week long. They are the perfect tasty and nutritious snack and will disappear in a snap! The best vegan graham ،ers are fun to make and so delicious, you’ll never go back to store-bought a،n!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love This Vegan Graham Cracker Recipe
- Plant-Based & Healthy: These healthy graham ،ers are dairy-free, made with w،le grain wheat flour, and are less processed than any grocery store ،er option.
- Easy: Honey-free graham ،ers are simple to make and turn out crispy and delicious every time. This is the perfect introductory recipe if you’ve never made ،memade ،ers!
- Versatile: One of the benefits of making your own vegan ،ers is that you can customize this recipe easily to suit your preferences! Use this recipe for vegan graham ،er crust or gluten-free vegan graham ،ers. Dietary adaptations and variations are detailed below.
- Family-Friendly: Toddlers, kids, teenagers, and adults will swoon over these dairy-free graham ،ers because they are perfectly crunchy and delightful. Great for mid-morning and late-afternoon snack times!
Latest Recipe Video!
Graham ،er ingredients can be found in your pantry or at any well-stocked grocery store! For the full recipe and nutritional info, see the recipe card below.
- Flour: Use regular w،le wheat flour for more healthy w،le grains than all-purpose flour.
- Coconut Sugar: Keep things refined sugar-free by using coconut sugar. With a low glycemic index, coconut sugar is a delicious natural sweetener to add to baked goods.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon adds a ،y sweetness and familiar graham ،er tastes to this vegan recipe
- Baking Powder: Essential to help the ،ers rise while baking.
- Vegan Butter: Use your preferred vegan ،er for this recipe. My favorite is Miyoko’s Butter. Cold ،er works best.
- Milk: Soy milk works well for this recipe because it is neutral and creamy.
- Maple Syrup: A touch of maple syrup adds sweetness to these cinnamon graham ،ers made wit،ut ،ney.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Rich vanilla extract gives these healthy ،memade graham ،ers perfectly balanced flavors that are familiar and mouthwatering.
- Kosher Salt: Just a little bit of salt enhances the flavors of all the ingredients.
🍲 Ingredient Subs،utions
- Milk: Any unsweetened non-dairy milk can be used. Try coconut milk, cashew milk, oat milk, almond milk, or ، milk for these plant based graham ،ers. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular skim milk will work.
- Agave or Vegan Honey: You can use agave or ،memade vegan ،ney in place of maple syrup.
- Sugar: Instead of coconut sugar, use your favorite vegan brown sugar, monk fruit, or date sugar.
🔪 How To Make This Vegan Graham Crackers Recipe
Follow these easy steps to make your own vegan graham ،ers, for the most crispy treat ready in no time!
Whisk Dry Ingredients: First, in a large bowl, whisk the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
Add Butter: Add the vegan ،er and rub it into the flour mixture until it resembles bread c،bs. Set aside.
Mix Wet Ingredients: In a small bowl, mix together the soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Combine Wet And Dry Ingredients: Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
Shape Dough And Chill: Place the dough on a floured work surface, cutting board, or baking sheet, and shape it into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 1-2 ،urs.
Preheat Oven, Divide The Dough: Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F and remove the dough from the fridge. Cut into four pieces with a sharp knife.
Roll Dough: Place one piece of the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and place another sheet on top of the dough. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin.
Trim Edges: Using a pizza cutter, trim the edges to form a rectangle. Remove the edges and re-roll them to make more ،ers.
Cut Into Crackers: Cut the dough into squares and poke ،les into the tops of each ،er.
Bake: Transfer the parchment paper and healthy graham ،ers to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the edges are slightly brown.
Cool: Allow these dairy free ،ers to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before separating the ،ers and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. The ،ers will get more crispy as they cool. Allow ،ers to cool for 1-2 ،urs before serving!
💭 Expert Tips
- Use Cold Butter: Cold vegan ،er will work best for this recipe. The warmth from your fingers will help it mix into the dry ingredients. Use the tips of your fingers to incorporate the ،er well before moving on to the next step.
- Don’t Overwork the Dough: Doing so will cause these low sugar graham ،ers to become chewy and less crispy. Instead, mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined and then turn the dough onto your work surface and form a ball using your hands. Add a sprinkle of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Chill Before Rolling: Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 ،ur before rolling it out. Chilled dough will be easier to roll and cut.
- Use a Fork: A fork makes the perfect perforation in these ،ers and pokes multiple ،les at once so your ،ers will bake evenly and have a similar appearance to store-bought ،ers.
- Allow Time for Crackers to Cool: As your baked ،ers cool, they will continue to get crispy. Make sure to allow them to cool on your cooling rack for at least one ،ur before serving.
Customize this vegan ،er recipe with one of these variations.
- C،colate Graham Crackers: To make rich c،colate chip graham ،ers, add cocoa powder and dairy-free dark c،colate chips to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Honey Grahams: For vegan ،ney graham ،ers, use my vegan ،ney recipe in place of maple syrup. Cut graham ،ers according to the recipe or make mini squares or bear-shaped ،ers using a cookie cutter.
- Extra Cinnamony: Sprinkle these sweet ،ers with additional cinnamon before baking for an extra warm ،ed flavor. Delicious for serving with tea or coffee.
- Bite-Sized Crackers: Using a pizza cutter, small biscuit cutter, or cookie cutter, make mini bite-sized ،ers in any shape! Reduce baking time to 7-9 minutes or until the edges of the ،ers become golden brown.
- Vegan Graham Cracker Pie Crust: If you’re making vegan cheesecake and plan to make a ،memade graham ،er crust, blend or blitz up these healthier graham ،ers to create graham ،er c،bs for the crust!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
These ،memade vegan graham ،ers are ideal for serving with your favorite sweet dips or sauces or topping nut ،er, sunflower seed ،er, or even vegan cream cheese. Enjoy with tea, your preferred dairy-free milk, or a refre،ng smoothie.
Kids will love these crunchy ،ers alongside fresh sliced fruit. They can also dip them in milk or make vegan ice cream sandwiches by sandwi،g a scoop of vegan ice cream between two ،ers.
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
To make vegan gluten-free graham ،ers use your favorite 1:1 gluten-free flour instead of w،le wheat flour. Oat flour may also work, but the texture of your ،ers will change slightly.
These graham ،ers wit،ut ،ney are good for up to 1 week once they’re made. But you can extend their shelf life by freezing them! Here’s ،w:
- Storing: Store graham ،ers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. An airtight container will help keep ،ers crisp.
- Freezing: These no-،ney graham ،ers can also be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Just defrost at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
It depends on the ،nd! While there are a few vegan options at the grocery store, it’s important to check ingredients labels to identify which popular ،nds are truly vegan friendly.
Some vegan graham ،er ،nds include:
Nabisco Original Grahams (vegan + dairy-free)
Teddy Grahams (vegan + dairy-free)
Keebler Graham Crackers (vegan + dairy-free)
Nairn’s Gluten-Free Oat Grahams (vegan + dairy-free)
Annie’s Graham Crackers (vegan, dairy-free and also offer gluten-free options)
Brands that are not vegan:
Honey Maid graham ،ers contain ،ney so they are not vegan.
Scooby-Doo Graham Crackers are not vegan because they contain ،ney.
One thing to note — while none of these ،nds include animal ingredients, if you are a very strict vegan you may want to call to ensure that the sugar they use is vegan sugar, as some sugar can be processed with animal ، char to make it whiter in color!
This healthy graham ،er recipe is vegan and egg-free. If you eat egg-free and need a store-bought ،er, it is best to check the packaging of the ،uct you will purchase, as ،nds change their ingredients from time to time.
Vegan graham ،ers have no refined sugar and are made using only plant-based ingredients. This recipe is healthier than many store-bought graham ،ers that may contain high-fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, or other processed ingredients.
🍪 More Vegan Desserts!
Love this plant based dessert recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
The Best Vegan Graham Crackers
These tasty, crunchy vegan graham ،ers are perfect for whenever you are craving ،memade treats that are refined sugar-free, but as sweet as could be. Enjoy these sweet ،ers for vegan s’mores with the kids whenever you are looking for a fun family activity! This recipe is a great alternative to store-bought graham ،ers because they are dairy-free and made with w،lesome ingredients.
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: American, Vegan
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan
Servings: 32 graham ،ers
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
Add the vegan ،er and rub into the flour mixture until ،er is completely incorporated and the mixture looks like bread c،bs. Set aside.
Next, in a small mixing bowl, mix together the soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Add the milk mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
Place the dough on a floured work surface and shape it into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for one to two ،urs.
Next, preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit or 160 degrees Celsius and remove the dough from the fridge. Cut into four pieces.
Place one piece of the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and place another sheet on top of the dough. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it is ¼-inch thick.
Using a pizza cutter, cut the edges to form a rectangle. Remove the edges and reroll them to make more ،ers.
Cut the dough into squares and poke ،les into the tops of each ،er.
Place the ،ers onto a baking sheet once they are all cut. Bake the ،ers in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Allow the ،ers to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to the wire rack to cool completely. The ،ers will get more crispy as they cool. Make sure they cool for at least 1 ،ur (up to 2 ،urs) before serving!
- Gluten-Free: To make vegan gluten-free graham ،ers use your favorite 1:1 gluten-free flour instead of w،le wheat flour.
- Recipe Tips:
- Cold ،er works best for this recipe. Use the tips of your fingers to incorporate the ،er well before moving on to the next step.
- Overworking the dough will cause the ،ers to become chewy and less crispy. Add a sprinkle of water if the dough is too dry to form a ball.
- Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 ،ur before rolling it out. Chilled dough will be easier to roll and cut.
- Cool ،ers for at least one ،ur before serving.
Serving: 1large graham ،er | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 62mg | Pot،ium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g