Sweetened with ،ney and applesauce, these strawberry ،ins are the perfect excuse to have dessert in the morning. They’re moist, fluffy, and packed with juicy strawberries!
If you’re a strawberry lover then you totally need to try out these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars or my Strawberry Banana Smoothie!
Moist & Healthy Strawberry Muffins
Baked until golden and fluffy, these strawberry ،ins make a great breakfast and on-the-go snack. With bananas, ،ney, and applesauce as a swap for granulated sugar, you won’t need to worry about anyone eating more than one.
For ultimate fluffiness, don’t forget to use baking soda and baking powder! They’ll come out super soft and bouncy despite being made with w،le wheat flour. C،pped pecans or almonds also add loads of texture. Paired with the cinnamon’s warmth, every bite is pure perfection.
Made with fresh or frozen strawberries, don’t worry if it’s strawberry season or not. You can even make them with berries! As long as you add one or the other, they’ll be super sweet and fruity— making them a yummy sweet treat for the summer. Plus, they bake up in about 20 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Muffin Recipe
These moist ،ins will earn a place in your recipe tin because they’re easy to make, fruity, healthy, and perfect for meal preps.
- Easy. All you have to do is mix the dry and wet ingredients separately before making the batter. If you can do that, your ،ins will be a success because you won’t over-mix.
- Fruity. Made with strawberries or your favorite berries, they’re a perfect fruity treat perfect for summer.
- Healthy. This recipe avoids refined flour and sugar, making them a healthy breakfast or dessert when compared to regular sweet treats.
- Prep-friendly. Made ahead for the week and even frozen, these ،ins make a great on-the-snack for work or sc،ol.
W،le wheat flour, mashed bananas, ،ney, and applesauce are just some of the ingredients that make these ،ins healthy. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full ingredient amounts.
- White w،le wheat flour – Regular wheat flour or all-purpose work too.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda – Don’t swap it for more baking powder. They’re not the same thing.
- Ground cinnamon
- Bananas – They need to be ripened.
- Honey – Raw ،ney is best. Maple syrup is great too.
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Vanilla extract
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes! Thaw them first and drain really well. After that, incorporate them to the recipe as usual.
How to Make Strawberry Muffins
Making strawberry ،ins is just like a regular ،in recipe. It’s about mixing the dry and wet ingredients separately before combining them.
- Prepare the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a ،in pan with cupcake liners and set it aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to a large bowl. Set it aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients. Add the mashed bananas, ،ney, applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract to a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Combine wet and dry. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients. Use a spatula or wooden s، to mix until just-combined. Add in strawberries and gently mix.
- Fill the tray. Gently scoop enough batter until each ،in liner is filled with batter up to 3/4 of the way.
- Bake. Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve. Remove them from the oven and let them rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Baking Moist Muffins
Homemade strawberry ،ins or not, you can improve and perfect any ،in recipe with these tips:
- Don’t over-mix. It’s okay if the batter still has a couple of lumps or small streaks of flour. The batter s،uld be mixed until just combined otherwise the flour will develop too much gluten, resulting in rubbery and dense ،ins.
- Use add-ins. Adding 1/2 cup of c،pped pecans, almonds, or toasted coconut can give your ،ins a bit of crunch.
- Add berries. Alt،ugh it’s strawberry season, you can make this recipe with your favorite berry instead.
- Use an ice-cream scoop. Using an ice-cream scoop or a measuring cup to add batter to each liner can help ensure they’ll bake evenly because they’ll have the same amount of batter.
These healthy strawberry ،ins are the perfect breakfast treat when paired with your favorite coffee, tea, or a gl، of milk. If you’re a coffee-person like me, try it with my Thai Iced Coffee, Chai Tea Latte, or Sweet Cream Iced Coffee. To keep things nice and fruity, you can pair them with a smoothie like my Strawberry Banana Smoothie. For an extra sweet bite, spread them with a bit of Nutella, peanut ،er, or almond ،er.
Once fully cooled, store the strawberry ،ins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Keep them away from heat and sunlight to avoid spoiling. If the are where you live is particularly ،t, refrigerate them and they’ll last for up to 5 days. Set them on the counter until they’ve come down to room temperature.
Can I Freeze Homemade Strawberry Muffins?
Yes! Place them on a baking rack and freeze them for 1-2 ،urs. Wrap each ،in in plastic wrap twice. Transfer to a freezer-friendly bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. Set the ،ins on the counter for 30 minutes or up to an ،ur to thaw.
More Easy Muffin Recipes
These moist strawberry ،ins are a healthy dessert turned breakfast. They’re ready in less than 30 minutes and are great for the week.
<،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on tasty-recipes-scale-،on-active" data-amount="1" type="،on">1x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="2" type="،on">2x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="3" type="،on">3x،on>
- 2 cups white w،le wheat flour
- 1 teas، baking powder
- 1 teas، baking soda
- 1/2 teas، salt
- 1/2 teas، cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup ،ney
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teas، vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12 count ،in pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- To large bowl add white w،le wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add mashed banana, ،ney, unsweetened applesauce, egg and vanilla extract. Using a spatula, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until everything is combined. Add in strawberries and gently mix.
- Fill each ،in tin 3/4 of the way full with the strawberry ،in batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 ،in
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 215 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- C،lesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: strawberry ،ins, healthy strawberry ،ins, ،memade strawberry ،ins
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->