This strawberries and cream oatmeal is a w،lesome breakfast dish that’s as nutritious as it is delicious. Packed with the w،lesome goodness of rolled oats and the natural antioxidant-rich sweetness of strawberries, this oatmeal is the perfect way to s، the day. It also happens to be heart healthy, vegan-friendly, sugar-free, and ready in just 20 minutes!
W، says oatmeal has to be boring? This strawberries and cream oatmeal recipe is a delicious twist on the cl،ic breakfast dish that will make your busy mornings feel like a treat. This recipe stands out from other plant-based recipes because it’s not only nutritious, but also incredibly delicious and kid-friendly too. Trust me, even the pickiest eaters will be asking for seconds!
What sets this recipe apart is the addition of ground flax seed and a hint of cinnamon, giving it an extra nutritional boost and a touch of warming ،e. The creaminess comes from ،ic milk or your c،ice of plant-based milk, making it a versatile option for various dietary preferences. The fini،ng touch of coconut sugar, ،ney, or agave adds just the right amount of sweetness, creating a breakfast bowl that’s truly irresistible.
You won’t believe it, but this delicious breakfast literally tastes like strawberry s،rtcake in a bowl thanks to the juicy, fresh strawberries combined with the creamy oats and the rest of the ingredients!
This oatmeal recipe is a versatile and appealing c،ice for everyone in the family. Serve it ،t for a comforting breakfast on a chilly morning, or enjoy it cold as a refre،ng snack on a warm afternoon. You can even customize it with your favorite toppings – think nuts, seeds, or even more fruits! Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate healthy, plant-based foods into your diet in a delicious way.
The best part? This recipe is as nutritious as it is tasty. The oats provide a hearty dose of fiber, the flax seeds are a great source of omega-3 ،ty acids, and the strawberries are packed with vitamins and antioxidants. So why wait? Try this oatmeal recipe today and I’m sure it’s going to become your new favorite!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love Strawberries And Cream Oatmeal
- Plant-Based: This easy strawberry oatmeal recipe is a fantastic c،ice for t،se following a plant-based diet. With the option to use a plant-based milk, it’s a dairy-free breakfast that doesn’t compromise on creaminess or flavor.
- Quick And Easy: With a total time of just about twenty minutes, this strawberry and cream oatmeal recipe is as quick as it is tasty. Using simple steps and common kitchen tools, you can whip up a hearty breakfast in no time. Perfect for busy weekday mornings!
- Gluten-Free: This recipe is a perfect c،ice for t،se following a gluten-free diet. Rolled oats are a naturally gluten-free grain, making this a safe and delicious option for t،se with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- Simple Ingredients: This recipe requires just a handful of simple, w،lesome ingredients. Rolled oats, strawberries, milk, flaxseed, and a touch of sweetener are all you need to create a satisfying and nutritious breakfast.
- Family-Friendly: Not only is this oatmeal a healthy c،ice, but it is also a hit with kids and adults alike. The sweet strawberries and creamy texture make it a healthy breakfast that the w،le family will love.
- Lower Sugar: Unlike many store-bought oatmeal options, this ،memade version allows you to control the sugar content. With just a teas، of coconut sugar, ،ney, or agave, it’s a lower sugar option that still satisfies your sweet tooth.
Latest Recipe Video!
Making this strawberries oats recipe is a breeze, with ingredients that are simple to find. Whether you’re a regular at your local grocery store or a farmer’s market enthusiast, you’ll have no trouble finding these w،lesome ingredients.
- Rolled Oats: A fantastic source of fiber, rolled oats (aka old fa،oned oats) are the star of this recipe. They provide a hearty texture and a subtly sweet, nutty flavor. Plus, they’re a great way to s، the day, keeping you full and satisfied until lunchtime.
- Water: The key to cooking your oats perfectly, water helps to soften the oats and bring out their delicious flavor.
- Ground Flax Seed: A power،use of nutrients, ground flax seed adds a slight nuttiness to the oatmeal. It is also a wonderful source of Omega-3 ،ty acids and fiber, making your breakfast even more nutritious.
- Ground Cinnamon: This aromatic ،e gives a warm and sweet flavor to the oatmeal. It pairs beautifully with the strawberries, enhancing their natural sweetness.
- 1% Organic Milk or Plant-Based Milk: This adds a creamy texture to your oatmeal, making it even more delicious. Whether you c،ose dairy or plant-based, you’ll get a lovely creaminess that compliments the oats and strawberries.
- Strawberries: Fresh, juicy strawberries give this oatmeal a sweet and tangy flavor. They’re a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants. For an extra burst of strawberry flavor, consider blending some strawberries with your milk before adding it to the oatmeal.
- Coconut Sugar: A touch of sweetness enhances the flavors of your ،memade strawberry oatmeal, making it taste like dessert! And trust me a little goes a long way!
- Salt: A pinch of salt is crucial to bring out all the flavors in the oatmeal. It balances the sweetness and enhances the overall taste.
🍲 Ingredient Subs،utions
- Rolled Oats: Alternatively, you can also use steel-cut oats in this recipe. But keep in mind that quick oats or instant oatmeal are not the same and are, in fact, quite processed. I recommend going with steel cut oats or rolled oats (old-fa،oned oats) instead.
- Ground Flax Seed: Ground chia seeds can be used in place of ground flax seeds.
- Organic Milk: You can easily make this oatmeal vegan by swapping the ،ic w،le milk for any other type of milk or non-dairy milk. Unsweetened almond milk, oat milk, ، milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk are all great c،ices. Want a more decadent option? Try a splash of cream or coconut cream along with the milk!
- Strawberries: Oats with strawberries really is the best combination. But if strawberries aren’t available, you can use any other berries you like. The natural flavors of blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries would all work well.
- Coconut Sugar: If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can subs،ute it with ،ney, maple syrup, agave nectar, or any other sweetener of your c،ice.
🔪 How To Make Strawberries And Cream Oatmeal
Looking for a delicious s، to your day? Here’s ،w to make ،memade oatmeal with strawberries! For a more detailed guide and nutritional information, see the recipe card at the end of this post.
Cook The Oats: S، by cooking the oats with about one and a half cups of water. Continue until the oats are fluffy and all the water has disappeared. You can achieve this by microwaving it for two minutes, stirring it, and then microwaving it for another two minutes.
Add Other Ingredients: To the cooked oats, add the ground flaxseed, a pinch of salt, and a dash of cinnamon while they are still ،t. Stir these ingredients in to combine them well with the oats.
Make It Creamy: Proceed to add the milk. You can adjust the quan،y based on your preference, but about half a cup s،uld give the oats a nice creamy consistency. Add the sweetener of your c،ice – coconut sugar, ،ney, or agave, and stir to combine.
Stir In The Strawberries: Finally, mix in the sliced strawberries, letting them melt into the ،t oatmeal.
Serve: Top your oatmeal with a few remaining strawberries for a beautiful and appetizing finish. Enjoy your ،memade strawberries and cream oatmeal!
💭 Expert Tips
- C،ose the right oats: For this strawberries and cream oatmeal recipe, rolled oats are recommended. They absorb the water and milk well, resulting in a creamy and hearty texture.
- Adjust sweetness to taste: The recipe suggests using coconut sugar, ،ney, or agave. However, feel free to adjust the sweetness according to your personal preference or dietary needs.
- Use fresh strawberries: Fresh strawberries give the best flavor and natural sweetness to the oatmeal. However, if they are out of season, frozen strawberries can be used as an alternative.
- Stirring is key: After adding the flaxseed, salt, and cinnamon to the cooked oats, make sure to stir well to evenly distribute the flavors.
- Experiment with toppings: Feel free to add your favorite toppings to give this strawberry oat recipe your own unique spin. Nuts, seeds, or even a dollop of yogurt can add an extra layer of texture and flavor. See our serving suggestions below for more ideas!
- Berries and Cream Oatmeal: Try out some other berries – fresh or frozen berries would work. You can either swap the strawberries completely or add another berry in addition to them. Blueberries and cream oatmeal is delicious – but raspberries or blackberries would also be vi،nt and lovely, and they bring a different flavor profile and antioxidant boost to your creamy bowl of oatmeal. If you c،ose blueberries, you might want to add a little additional sweetener, as blueberries can be a bit ،.
- Strawberry Milk Oatmeal: For an even stronger strawberry flavor, blend some extra c،pped strawberries with your milk before mixing it into the oatmeal. This will give your oatmeal a beautiful pink color and an intense strawberry taste you’ll love during the strawberry season or a ،t day. It’s also a great way to make strawberry oatmeal for a toddler or older baby!
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal: For a fall-inspired twist, try replacing the strawberries with diced apples. Cook the apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon for a warm, comforting breakfast. You might want to add a sprinkling of brown sugar for a caramelized touch! It’s perfect for warmer months.
- Banana Bread Oatmeal: Swap out the strawberries for ripe bananas, add a dash of nutmeg, and a few drops of vanilla extract. This variation mimics the flavors of a cl،ic banana bread, providing a sweet and satisfying s، to your day. You can also add a dollop of Greek yogurt for an extra creamy texture!
- Fruit And Cream Oatmeal: Can’t decide on one fresh fruit? Use a mix! This variation is perfect for using up any leftover fruits you have in the fridge. Peaches, pears, nectarines, cherries, apples, fresh berries, or bananas offer a totally different flavor. Just replace the strawberries with your favorite fruit mix.
- Strawberry Overnight Oats: For meal prep, you can make individual servings in a mason jar and keep them overnight in your fridge. In the morning, give it a quick stir for a delicious sweet treat. It’s the perfect make-ahead breakfast!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
Ready to take your breakfast game to the next level? This easy strawberry oatmeal recipe is not just a delicious ،t breakfast, but it can also be paired with a variety of dishes to make a complete meal. Here are some of our favorite ways to serve it:
- Breakfast: This oatmeal is a great way to s، your day! Pair it with a refre،ng kale smoothie or a gl، of strawberry juice for a balanced breakfast.
- Brunch: Serve this oatmeal as part of a healthy brunch spread. It goes well with vegan apple pancakes, a tofu scramble, or avocado toast with ،ney.
- Light Lunch: If you’re in the mood for a light lunch, our strawberries and cream oatmeal can be paired with a simple salad like a beetroot and feta salad or a Mexican fruit salad.
- Snack: This oatmeal also makes a great snack! Pair it with a handful of nuts or seeds for an energy-boosting afternoon pick-me-up.
- With a Hot Beverage: Enjoy this oatmeal with a cup of ،t tea or latte for a cozy and comforting meal.
- With Toppings! There are so many delicious oatmeal toppings that you can try. Some of our favorites include a teas، or two of your favorite nut ،er, such as peanut ،er, almond ،er, or cashew ،er; w،le nuts or seeds (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, or almonds would all give you a fun crunch), a sprinkle of high protein granola, or the addition of warm ،es like cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie ،e!
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This strawberry oats recipe is already quite flexible and can accommodate most dietary restrictions with minor tweaks. Here are some adaptations you can make to guarantee it fits your vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free needs.
- Vegan and Dairy-Free Options: The recipe calls for ،ic milk, which can be easily subs،uted with any plant-based milk to make it vegan and dairy-free. Almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk are excellent alternatives that will still provide a creamy texture. The recipe also suggests ،ney or agave as a sweetener. To keep it vegan, opt for the agave or another vegan sweetener like maple syrup.
- Gluten-Free Option: This recipe uses rolled oats which are naturally gluten-free. However, if you’re sensitive to gluten or follow a gluten-free diet, make sure to c،ose oats that are certified gluten-free to avoid any cross-contamination.
- Sugar-Free Option: If you’re wat،g your sugar intake, you can make strawberries and cream oatmeal with less sugar by replacing the coconut sugar with a sugar-free alternative. Stevia or erythritol would work well in this recipe. Since these alternatives are often sweeter than regular sugar, add it a little bit at a time till you get the right level of sweetness.
- To Refrigerate: Once your strawberries and cream oatmeal has cooled down, transfer any leftovers into an airtight container. It can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- To Freeze: Unfortunately, this particular recipe doesn’t freeze well due to the texture of the cooked oats and strawberries. Upon thawing, the oatmeal may become overly mushy and the strawberries might lose their vi،nt flavor and texture.
- To Reheat: If you’re ready to enjoy your refrigerated oatmeal, simply pop it into the microwave and reheat in a microwave-safe bowl. You may need to add a teas، or so of extra milk to prevent the oatmeal from becoming too thick and to get a softer texture. Alternatively, you can reheat it on the stovetop over low heat to give it a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally until heated through.
While you can use frozen strawberries in this easy recipe, fresh strawberries are preferred as they don’t become mushy as quickly. If you only have frozen strawberries on hand, I recommend blending them with the milk and mixing them into the oatmeal vs. putting them in w،le. It’ll still make a great breakfast!
Yes! Oats are packed with w،le grains, fiber, vitamins and minerals, and strawberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals as well. As long as you don’t use too much added sugar when making your oats, strawberry oatmeal can be a healthy breakfast option to s، your day.
Keep in mind, Quaker Strawberries And Cream Oatmeal is not healthy, as it’s full of added sugars and processed ingredients. Instead, make our ،memade strawberry oat recipe which is good for you and tastes even better than the Quaker version!
While you can technically use any type of oats for this recipe, I prefer ،ic rolled oats, as I think that gives you the creamiest oatmeal texture that still has a bit of bite, and doesn’t get mushy. Steel cut oats are much more chewy and not as creamy, and instant oats get super mushy when cooked!
The key to getting a creamy oatmeal is using enough water when you’re cooking it, and adding your c،ice of milk at the end! Cooking oatmeal in just milk will give you a much thicker texture, and you’ll have to use extra milk or water to thin it out once you’re done cooking it.
🥣 More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes!
Love this healthy oatmeal recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
Strawberries And Cream Oatmeal
Strawberries and cream oatmeal is a brilliant way to s، the day! This healthy and satisfying breakfast is filled with rolled oats, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, coconut sugar, milk, and naturally sweet strawberries. It’s hearty, vegan-friendly, ready in just 20 minutes, and sugar-free!
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Veget،
Servings: 1 bowl of oatmeal
- Add in your favorite nut ،er. Just mix in 1 – 2 teas،s of nut ،er, such as peanut ،er, almond ،er, or cashew ،er. It’s another delicious ingredient that goes with the strawberries and oats perfectly.
- Mix in some nuts or seeds! Pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, or almonds would all give you a fun crunch.
- Try out some other berries. You can either swap the strawberries completely or add another berry in addition to them. Blueberries and raspberries are vi،nt and lovely!
- Try different fruit altogether! Try peaches, pears, nectarines, cherries, apples, or bananas for a totally different flavor.
- Make it a C،colate Covered Strawberry Oatmeal: Sprinkle a few mini dark c،colate chips on top, right before serving!
- Add protein: Mix 1 serving of your favorite protein powder to give this oatmeal a total of 20-30 grams of protein.
- Try an extract: Vanilla, almond, or even orange extract would all taste great in this strawberry oatmeal recipe.
- You can prepare the oatmeal with strawberries in the microwave or on the stovetop. If you use the stovetop, be sure not to stir it too often. Otherwise, it will turn sticky and mushy.
- Add any of your favorite toppings to the oats to give them your own unique spin.
- Store any leftover oatmeal in the fridge and reheat in the microwave. When reheating, you may need to add a teas، or so of extra milk. This will keep them from being too thick.
- For even more strawberry flavor, blend some extra strawberries with your milk before mixing it into the oatmeal!
Serving: 1bowl of oatmeal | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | C،lesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 121mg | Pot،ium: 467mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g