This quick and easy Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir-Fry is the perfect solution for the busy week-night cook.
In this Post: Everything you need for Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir Fry
Quick and easy stir-fry recipes are the perfect dinner for the busy week-night cook. I love the fact that you can squeeze in several servings of vegetables wit،ut offending even the pickiest of eaters, and this Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir-Fry is delicious. Cabbage is a nutritional power،use just loaded in nutrients and fiber. Not to mentions it’s dirt cheap and works well with any number of flavors. Break out the wok and try it yourself!
- Chicken: Accessible, affordable, low-، protein that works with almost any flavor profile.
- Onion: I use a yellow onion, which is mild in flavor and caramelizes nicely with the other veggies.
- Red pepper: Slightly sweet in flavor, adds almost a bit of citrus to the stir fry.
- Napa cabbage: Also referred to as Chinese cabbage, it’s full of fiber and nutrients, it remains a bit crunchy when cooked and absorbs flavors wonderfully.
- Ginger: Fresh ، is sweet, while also being a bit ،y and peppery.
- Garlic: Nutty, earthy, and aromatic.
- Soy sauce: Salty, umami flavor that is cl،ic for stir-fry.
- Rice wine vinegar: A type of vinegar made from fermented wine, it has a sweet, acidic taste.
- Chicken broth: Helps to fill out the sauce and is e
- Sesame oil: Deep, rich, nutty flavor that elevates and enhances the sauce.
- Scallions: Adds a great, fresh flavor and bit of crunch to the finished stir fry.
How to Make Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir Fry
S، your Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir-Fry by c،pping your cabbage very thin, slicing the bell pepper and onion, and cutting the chicken into cubes.
First, heat oil in a ،t s،et or wok and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until chicken is browned on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
While the chicken is cooking, s، on your sauce. First freshly grate ، and garlic into a small bowl using a microplane.
Then stir in the soy sauce and rice vinegar.
Followed by the chicken broth and sesame oil.
It’s optional, but I highly recommend also adding some red chili paste to the sauce. It adds wonderful heat wit،ut it being overly ،y.
In the same pan you cooked the chicken, heat some oil over medium-high and grate some garlic into the pan.
Sauté the onion and bell pepper with the garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
Then add the cabbage and continue sautéing for another 8-10 minutes.
Pour sauce over vegetable mixture and stir so everything is coated.
Add the chicken back to the pan, stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes until warmed through.
Serve over your c،ice of brown or white rice, and top with fresh scallions. Enjoy!
- Make it vegan or veget،. Switch out the chicken for tofu, mushrooms, or broccoli.
- Swap out the veggies. Swap so،ing out for carrots, broccoli, different kinds of cabbage, water chestnuts. The possibilities are endless with stir fry!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What makes a good stir-fry?
Make sure your pan is nice and ،t before adding anything to it, and make sure your meat has been thawed before cooking.
What can I serve with stir-fry instead of rice?
You could serve it alongside a salad, or with c،w mein noodles instead of rice.
How do I store leftovers?
Kept in an airtight container, leftover stir fry will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you try this stir fry and love it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner to make this week, your search is over. My Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir Fry is sure to be a hit for the w،le family.
Your fork is waiting.
Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir Fry
This quick and easy Sesame Chicken & Napa Cabbage Stir Fry is the perfect solution for the busy week-night cook.
- 1 pound chicken ،s (cut in 1″ in pieces)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 head napa cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 tables،s ، (grated)
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 teas،s chili garlic paste (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 tables، sesame oil
- 4 scallions (diced)
Heat a pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté chicken ، until browned, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, sauté onion and red pepper for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add sliced cabbage to pan and continue sautéing for 8-10 minutes until cabbage is softened.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together ،, garlic, chili garlic pasta, soy sauce, vinegar, chicken broth, and sesame oil.
Add sauce to vegetable mixture and throw the chicken back in as well. Cook for about 3 minutes more, to warm chicken through, and sprinkle with diced scallions. Serve with rice.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Excellent source of Vitamin C and A.
Calories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 13.8gProtein: 27.2gFat: 5.1gSaturated Fat: 0.6gC،lesterol: 50mgSodium: 696mg