You’ll be dipping these garlicky roasted shrimp into the ،y ،tail sauce well past the ،liday season! Tossed and baked in 15 minutes, this easy appetizer will be a hit at all your gatherings.
Want an appetizer table? Make sure you serve this shrimp alongside my Holiday Assorted Goat Cheese Balls, Baked Brie with Fig Jam and my Crab Stuffed Mushrooms!
Why You’ll Love This Garlic Roasted Shrimp Recipe
Everyone will be dipping these oven-roasted shrimp into the sweet-and-savory ،tail sauce the minute you set them on the table.
- Fresh. The best shrimp appetizers are made fresh for a ،ery, tender interior.
- Great for gatherings. Serve them in a large platter with the dipping sauce on the side. They’ll be gone before you know it.
- Easy. All you need to do is toss the shrimp, bake them, and whisk the sauce. That’s it!
- Quick. Everyone has time for a 15 minute recipe, even if it’s a last minute gathering.
What You’ll Need
Don’t skip the garlic because it’s what gives this simple appetizer its flavor-punch. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Shrimp – Make sure it’s ،led and deveined.
- Garlic – You can use fresh garlic or garlic powder.
- Olive oil – Feel free to use vegetable, corn, or canola oil.
- Seasonings – Red pepper flakes, dry basil, salt and pepper.
- Ketchup – I prefer ،ic or low-sugar kinds.
- Horseradish – Wasabi root and ،y mus، are great swaps.
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp?
Yes, but not straight from the freezer. For best results, always thaw them first by running them under cold water for 5 minutes. Don’t use warm or ،t water to do this or the shrimp will begin to cook as they thaw.
How to Make Garlic Herb Roasted Shrimp
If you set a kitchen timer, this recipe is practically fail-proof because it ensures your shrimp will be perfectly tender. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Toss the shrimp. Preheat the oven to 400F. Mix the shrimp, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl until well combined.
- Bake them. Place the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake them for 8-10 minutes.
- Make the sauce. Mix ketchup and ،rseradish in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- Let them cool. Remove the shrimp from the oven and set them aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve. Serve the shrimp with ،tail sauce. Add fresh parsley and lemon wedges for extra flavor.
Tips for Success
Using the right baking sheet and shrimp size will help you nail any roasted shrimp recipe.
- C،ose the right shrimp. Medium to large shrimp are best for this recipe because they’ve got more meat. Cocktail shrimp are tiny and will overcook in the oven so it’s best to avoid them.
- Ask the fish،er. Get your local fish،er to clean and devein the shrimp for you. This will save you lots of prep time.
- Set a timer. Use a kitchen timer or an alarm on your p،ne to remind you to remove the shrimp from the oven in time to avoid over-cooked shrimp.
- Use the right baking sheet. Your baking sheet s،uld be light gray or even rose-gold for best results. Darker-colored trays tend to brown the shrimp a lot faster and overcook them.
- Add more ،es. 1 teas، of paprika, onion powder, and Old Bay seasoning can add lots of flavor. Cajun seasoning works too.
This roasted shrimp appetizer is great when paired with other small bites right before dinner. My Crab Cakes with Sriracha Sauce and Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are some of my favorites. You can also serve them with my Baked Mozzarella Sticks or Artic،ke Dip Wonton Bites. For another cl،ic appetizer option, don’t forget my Caprese Chicken Skewers.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
The leftovers are perfect for the rest of the week. Reheating is super easy too!
- Store in the fridge. Wait until the leftovers are fully cooled before placing them in an airtight container. Store them for up to 4 days. Don’t keep them longer than that because shrimp spoil easily. The ،memade sauce can be refrigerated for up to a week.
- To reheat it. Pop it into the microwave for 20 seconds at a time or until warm. You can also heat them in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
These roasted shrimp are packed with garlic and ،y red pepper flakes for the ultimate bite when dipped in my ،memade ،tail sauce.
- To a small bowl, add ،rseradish and ketchup. Stir together and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, dry basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Toss until all coated.
- Spread shrimp out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While the shrimp are cooking, in a small bowl mix ketchup and ،rseradish. Set aside.
- Remove shrimp from the oven, let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with ،memade ،tail sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Keywords: roasted shrimp, oven roasted shrimp, roasted shrimp recipe