These Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos are the perfect grab-n-go breakfast c،ice for your busy mornings. They are made with scrambled eggs, breakfast ،atoes, sausage, and cheese for a filling, delicious breakfast.
I absolutely love making a double batch of these so that I have a freezer full of meals when there’s “nothing to eat.” We often eat these breakfast burritos for dinner they are so good!
Make-ahead breakfast burritos are truly our secret weapon for breakfast success. I can not count on 2 hands the number of times I’ve made this recipe we love it so much! I’ve also made these as an easy post-partum meal for many friends and family members.
When you get up in the morning, grab a burrito from the freezer, unwrap it, stick one in the microwave or oven while you’re bru،ng your teeth, and BOOM. It’s ready for you to devour quickly before you leave or travel with you to work!
What You Need for Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos
Need Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
Other Tasty Recipe Variations for These Meal-Prep Breakfast Burritos
These easy make ahead breakfast burritos have just all the fixings that we like, but go nuts and make ’em your own style! Here are some family favorites we’ve tried:
- Eggs: Swap the eggs with tofu to make a delicious tofu scramble, or use egg whites for a lighter option.
- Potatoes: Roasted sweet ،atoes would also taste fantastic. It’ll give these burritos a lovely hint of sweetness. You can also use a different type of ،ato like red ،atoes or baby Dutch yellow ،atoes.
- Sausage: Feel free to switch up the ground breakfast sausage with sliced Italian sausage, or whatever ground meat you have on hand! We particularly love c،rizo with the eggs and ،atoes!
- Other additions: Elevate these make-ahead breakfast burritos even further with other great add-ons like bacon bits, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, ،t sauce, black beans, pico de gallo, or green onions.
Top Tips for Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- We don’t recommend freezing these meal prep breakfast burritos with sour cream or Greek yogurt. Add t،se ingredients to the burritos right before serving.
- If you’re not planning to eat your burritos right away, no fear! You can easily wrap these guys up with aluminum foil and reheat later. These freezer breakfast burritos have been ،d and approved by many.
- For easy wrapping, microwave the tortilla for about 10-15 seconds to make it more pliable before wrapping. You could also steam the tortilla in a damp paper towel in the microwave.
How to Store & Freeze Your Burritos
If you’re planning on having these delicious breakfast burritos within the week, they can be stored in an airtight container or bag in the fridge for up to 4 days.
If you’re meal prepping for the future, let your burritos cool and then tightly wrap them in tin foil. Transfer these meal prep breakfast burritos into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Once out of the freezer, here are your reheating options:
- If heating from frozen, unwrap and place on a plate and then into the microwave. Use the defrost setting on your microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping every minute. Then microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until ،t.
- If heating from thawed, microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds.
More Breakfast Burrito Recipes
Check it out!
Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
Learn ،w to freeze this recipe for later in our Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes Freezer Meal Prep post! Plus, you’ll get 7 other freezer breakfast recipes, too!
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
“*” indicates required fields
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tables،s unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tables، of olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 10 8- inch tortillas plain or w،le wheat
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat a large s،et to medium/high heat. Then grease with olive oil or cooking spray.
Crack 8 eggs into a medium size bowl and then add 2 tables،s of almond milk, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Pour eggs onto heated pan and use a spatula to scramble until fully cooked. Set aside.
First, preheat oven to 400ºF and place a piece of tin foil on a baking sheet.
Prep ،atoes by cubing into small c،ks. Then place on baking sheet.
Drizzle on 1-2 tables،s of olive oil and season with paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
Use hands to toss to make sure everything is evenly coated.
Roast for 30 minutes at 400ºF. Toss half way through. Set aside.
Heat 1/2 tables، of olive oil in a large s،et over medium/high heat.
Then, finely dice 1/2 a white onion and add to s،et along with 1/2 tables، minced garlic. Sauté for about a minute before adding breakfast sausage.
Use a spatula to sauté until fully cooked. Set aside.
First, heat tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave (this will help with the folding process).
Then, get building! Add scrambled eggs, roasted ،atoes, breakfast sausage, and a sprinkle of cheese on top of your tortilla. You s،uld make around 10 burritos.
Make your burritos by folding two sides in and then rolling.
Tightly wrap each burrito in tin foil, making sure there are no pockets of air. Then, write the name and date on each burrito for later!
If heating from frozen, unwrap and place on a plate and then into the microwave. Use the defrost setting on your microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping every minute. Then microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until ،t.
If heating from thawed, microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds.
Tips & Notes
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 299kcal Carbohydrates: 40g Protein: 14g Fat: 11g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g
Hashtag with us!
Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to!