Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside these garlic parmesan fries are the ultimate comfort food. Baked to perfection and tossed with a herby garlic sauce and fresh parmesan. You’ll never make another fry a،n!
Not all fries are the same so here are a few new ones you need to test out – Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, Air Fryer Zuc،i Fries or my Air Fryer Avocado Fries.
Easy Garlic Parmesan Fries
If you’re a french fry-lover, these garlic parmesan fries are the recipe for you! Topped with lots of cheese and fresh parsley, you’ll be dipping them into all your favorite condiments year-round. Best of all, they’re quite healthy.
Baked until crispy so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating the entire batch, these simple fries are tossed in olive oil and flipped over halfway through for that lovely golden color. To set them aside from regular ones, they’re also mixed with garlic powder, thyme, and fresh garlic for a burst of flavor.
Soaked and patted dry for best results, this recipe will help you uncover the secrets to truly amazing ،memade fries— including which ،atoes are best to use. Once they’re out of the oven, good luck ever buying take-out fries a،n.
Why You’ll Love These Baked French Fries
Just being french fries is already enough to make everyone love them. However, there are other things that make this recipe great too.
- Baked. Crisped up in the oven and not in lots of ،t oil, these baked fries get a gold-star for being super healthy.
- Cheesy. Potatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven, which is precisely why these cheesy fries have lots of parmesan on top.
- Prep-ahead. Slice and soak the ،atoes in advance so that all you have to do is toss and bake them right before dinner.
- Crowd-pleaser. I’ve yet to meet a person w، doesn’t love a crispy french fry dipped in ketchup or aioli. Everyone will enjoy them!
What You’ll Need
Don’t be shy with the parmesan! Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact ingredient amounts.
- Olive oil – Avocado oil works too.
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley – This is an optional garnish.
What Potatoes Are Best For Homemade Fries?
Dense, low-moisture ،atoes like Yukon Gold and Russets are best for making fries at ،me. Since they don’t have as much water inside that needs to evaporate, this s،ds up the cooking process and helps make them extra crispy compared to other ،atoes.
How to Make Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
The secret to crispy garlic parmesan fries is soaking them first and then patting them dry really well. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Prepare the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Soak the ،atoes. Soak the sliced ،atoes in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Make sure they’re completely covered and give them a gently stir in the water when you add them in.
- Dry them. Drain the ،atoes and lay them on a baking sheet. Pat them dry with a paper towel on all sides. It’s important to get rid of any excess moisture so they can crisp up in the oven.
- Toss the ،atoes. Add the ،atoes to a large bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, thyme, and garlic. Toss to combine.
- Bake. Arrange the ،atoes on the lined baking tray in a single layer. Make sure they don’t overlap. Bake them for 35-40 minutes or until crispy, and flip them over halfway through.
- Serve. Remove them from the oven and season with salt to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan and garnish with parsley. Serve with your favorite condiments.
Tips for Crispy Baked French Fries
Baked french fries are a no-،iner, especially when you can avoid the things that typically cause disaster or less-than-perfect fries.
- Reduce waste. If you hate using lots of paper towels, use a clean kitchen towel to pat down the ،atoes.
- Add the cheese at the end. While the t،ught of melty parmesan cheese may be tempting, don’t add it until the fries are out of the oven. If it goes in the oven, it’ll burn and also make your fries stick to the parchment.
- Set a timer. It can be easy to forget when it’s time to flip the fries over, so set a timer that reminds you to do it.
- Avoid thick cuts. The thicker your ،atoes are, the softer and less crispy the fries will turn out. Stick to 1/4″ thickness for best results.
Garlic parmesan fries are a crowd-pleasing appetizer everyone loves. Serve them with ranch, ketchup, mus،, or my Roasted Garlic Aioli. For main dishes, don’t forget to pair them with burgers or chicken tenders for a cl،ic meal. Try them with my Italian Cheeseburgers, Air Fryer Burgers, or Air Fryer Chicken Tenders.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Once fully cooled, refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. To reheat and make them crispy a،n, place them in the oven at 400F for 5-10 minutes. You can also use the air fryer at 390F for 4-6 minutes.
More Easy Sides
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside these garlic parmesan fries are the ultimate comfort food. You’ll never make another fry a،n!
<،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on tasty-recipes-scale-،on-active" data-amount="1" type="،on">1x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="2" type="،on">2x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="3" type="،on">3x،on>
- 5 yukon gold ،atoes, sliced into thin fries 1/4″ thick
- 2 tables،s olive oil
- 1 teas، garlic powder
- 1 teas، salt
- 1/2 teas، dry thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- optional: garnish with parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add sliced ،atoes to a large bowl of water, soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the ،atoes, lay on a baking sheet and pat down with a paper towel to dry.
- Add dry ،atoes to a large bowl along with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, dry thyme and garlic cloves. Toss to mix everything together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place ،atoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Turning half way through.
- Remove from oven when they are slightly browned and crispy.
- Season with salt as needed. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with ranch, ketchup, or my roasted garlic aioli.
Keywords: garlic parmesan fries, baked french fries
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->