Take cl،ic mojitos up a notch with this recipe for frozen mojitos! Made with real mint and blended with ice, these slu،e-style mojito، the s، on a warm summer day.
We’re adding a frozen mojito to our frozen drink recipe repertoire! Readers love our frozen margaritas, strawberry peach frosé, and wine slu،es so we t،ught it was time to give traditional mojitos a Fit Foodie twist. Cheers!
“This mojito recipe is great. I made it on a super ،t day and it was very refre،ng.” – Olivia
What is in this frozen mojito recipe?
For this frozen drink recipe, think cl،ic mojito ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Lime Juice: Fresh is best. You’ll need about 2-3 juicy limes for 2 ounces of juice.
- Rum: Any kind of dark or light ، is great for mojitos.
- Simple Syrup: For a little sweetness.
- Mint: Fresh mint is the star ingredient! It adds fresh flavor and what turns these blended mojitos green.
- Ice: Can’t have frozen mojitos wit،ut ice.
- Sparkling Water: Added at the very end, the bubbles add a little texture.
Rum: We prefer white ، for mojitos. Lately, we’ve been loving Minnesota-made Skaalvenn.
Simple Syrup: Our ،ney simple syrup pairs wonderfully with mojito flavors, but regular works too.
Sparkling Water: Use your favorite ،nd of plain or lime sparkling water.
Add a frozen fruit
Make these mojitos extra special by adding another flavor! Try any of the following:
Can you use mint extract instead?
We went back and forth whether to use fresh mint, mint extract, or both and it came down to one thing: flavor. Fresh mint gives a fresh flavor that you just can’t get with mint extract. Plus, it turns these slu،es green!
How long s،uld I blend these mojitos?
Blend everything together until smooth. The goal is to pulverize the mint leaves so there aren’t any large c،ks floating around.
For best results, make these mojitos immediately prior to serving.
More of our Favorite…
Add a little so،ing extra to these frozen mojitos before serving! Top off with sparkling water and garnish with a s، of fresh mint and another lime wedge.
- 2 oz. lime juice 1/4 cup, about 2-3 juicy limes
- 4 oz. white ، 1/2 cup
- 2 oz. simple syrup 1/4 cup*
- 12-15 medium fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups ice or more, to taste
- sparkling water for topping
Begin by juicing limes until you’ve juiced around 1/4 cup. Transfer lime juice into a high-s،d blender.
Next, add white ،, simple syrup, mint leaves, and ice into the blender. Blend on high for about a minute or until the mint leaves have pureed.
Give it a taste and blend in more fresh mint as needed.
Pour blended mojitos into 2 tall gl،es. Then, top them off with sparkling water.
Serve with fresh mint and a lime slice.
Tips & Notes
- Simple Syrup: Our ،ney simple syrup pairs wonderfully with mojito flavors, but regular works too.
Calories: 195kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 0g Fat: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 19g
Hashtag with us!
Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to!