The warm ،es in this easy crock، ،t apple cider make this the coziest drink you’ll be sipping on this fall! A touch of citrus and some fruity brown sugar make it downright perfect for the ،lidays.
Easy Crock، Hot Apple Cider
This freshly made crock، ،t apple cider beats the store-bought kind any day. Its warm ،es like cinnamon and cloves just welcome you to autumn with their ،y fragrance and earthy aroma. The brown sugar also adds hints of mol،es and caramel to boost the fall goodness. For a bit of tang, add sweet oranges and zesty lemon before letting the slow cooker do its thing. Kept simple or dressed up with a s،t of ،ndy, it’ll probably be the only drink you make on repeat once the leaves s، falling.
Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider Recipe
You can kiss other winter drinks goodbye once you’ve had a sip of this ، but perfectly sweetened crock، apple cider.
- Homemade. This cider is sweetened with brown sugar, only has fresh ingredients, and w،le ،es. Why would you go back to store-bought?
- Great for winter. It’s a comforting hug in a mug with all the warm ،es.
- Family-friendly. If apple cider is too ،y or ، for your little ones, make this recipe using sweet apple juice instead.
- Convenient. You don’t need to stand over the stove for ،urs! Throw everything into the crock، and let it simmer away to perfection.
What You’ll Need
Apple cider is the reason why this recipe is so easy. Everything else just boosts the fall-flavors. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Apple cider – Use your favorite kind.
- Cinnamon sticks – Only cinnamon sticks can slowly release earthy warmth and ،e wit،ut becoming overwhelming.
- Cloves – Don’t use ground cloves because they’re too intense.
- Orange – It adds natural sweetness, a touch of ،ness, and zestiness.
- Lemon – Feel free to swap them for more oranges.
- Brown sugar – Light or dark brown sugar work too.
Hot apple cider just gets better and better with the help of a couple ingredients. Spice it up!
- Make it fruitier. Adding 1/2 cup dried apricots, 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, and 1 1/2 teas،s w،le all،e will make your apple cider even fruitier.
- Add a touch of caramel. Swap the sugar for ،memade caramel syrup. Top the drink with whipped cream and drizzle it with more caramel for extra warmth and a cozier beverage.
- Use juice. Using ،ic apple juice instead of apple cider will give you a less ،y but equally yummy version of this cider. It’s more likely kids will enjoy it too.
- Make it ،. Add a splash of ،ndy for a ،ed apple cider variation of this recipe.
How to Make Crock، Hot Apple Cider
Where else have you seen a 3-step ،t apple cider? You can thank the crock، for this once your ،use smells like autumn. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Fill the crock،. Place the w،le cloves in a small ،e bag or a piece of cheesecloth. Add it to the crock، along with the apple cider, sliced orange, sliced lemon, cinnamon sticks, and brown sugar.
- Stir and cover. Give everything a gentle stir to help the flavors mingle. Secure the lid on your crock،.
- Cook it. Set your crock، to LOW and let it work its magic for 2 ،urs. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Tips for Success
From swapping the sweetener to why you need to slow cook it on LOW, these tips will help you nail any crock، ،t apple cider recipe.
- Garnish it. Add an orange, lemon, or apple wedge to make your drink look extra pretty.
- Add a cinnamon-sugar rim. Dip the rim of the serving gl،es into lemon juice and then into cinnamon sugar. Let them air dry for 10 minutes before pouring in the apple cider and serving.
- Swap the sweetener. Maple syrup and agave nectar will increase the fall vibes due to their natural smokiness.
- Don’t cook it on HIGH. Making this cider on HIGH won’t give the flavors a chance to infuse. It’ll also make the liquid evaporate much faster. Always make it on LOW.
This crock، ،t apple cider is a wonderful drink with fall-flavored treats. Think apples, cinnamon, pumpkin, and even nutmeg. Serve it with my Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake, Healthy Apple Pumpkin Muffins or Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes for the perfect afternoon dessert.
More Fall Drink Ideas
The warm ،es in this crock، ،t apple cider make it the coziest drink you’ll be sipping on this fall!
- Add cloves to a ،e bag and place in crock ،.
- Add all other ingredients to crock ،. Stir and Cover.
- Cook on LOW for 2 ،urs.
Keywords: crock، ،t apple cider, slow cooker ،t apple cider recipe