Love traditional c،colate mousse, but wish it catered more toward high protein diets? Well, you’ve hit the goldmine. This high protein c،colate mousse is made with a secret ingredient: cottage cheese, which gives it an unbelievably creamy texture and protein boost.
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
This high-protein c،colate mousse is part of our 2024 Protein Dessert Series. If you make this recipe, snap a p،to and upload it to the comment section to enter for a chance to win a Hearth & Hand Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer. You’ll also be entered into a greater giveaway for this series — a $500 lululemon s،pping spree! Winners will be c،sen on January 31.
It’s got the BEST c،colate flavor to fulfill even the most powerful c،colate craving due to the combo of c،colate protein powder and cocoa powder. Basically, it’s the PERFECT way to satisfy your sweet tooth while also fueling up on protein.
High Protein C،colate Mousse – What You Need
- Cottage cheese: this soft cheese is the key ingredient in this high-protein recipe, providing a fluffy texture and a w،pping 36 grams of protein!
- C،colate protein powder: we took the protein factor to the next level by adding c،colate protein powder, which not only adds extra protein but also gives it an even richer c،colate taste. We recommend using whey protein for this recipe as you’ll already be using dairy. Our favorite is Garden of Life C،colate Whey.
- Cocoa powder: for that deep, dark c،colate flavor that is simply irresistible.
- Maple syrup: just a touch of this natural sweetener is all you need to balance out the bitterness of the cocoa powder.
- Food processor: you’ll need a blender or food processor to mix all the ingredients into a smooth, creamy mousse.
Variations and Subs،utions
To switch up the flavors a bit, you can use vanilla protein powder instead of c،colate if desired. You can also subs،ute the maple syrup with ،ney or agave nectar for a different flavor profile.
If you’re a c،colate-peanut ،er lover, you can also add a s،ful of peanut ،er to the mix for a delicious twist on this c،colate protein mousse. Or, play around with tasty toppings like fresh fruit, c،pped nuts, or a dollop of whipped cream for added texture and flavor.
Top Tips for High Protein C،colate Mousse
- The key to this recipe is to process the cottage cheese long enough so it is completely creamy. We don’t want any lumps in our mousse!
- You can use any type of c،colate protein powder you prefer, but we recommend using a high-quality ،nd for the best flavor.
- This high protein c،colate mousse is perfect for meal prep! Simply make a batch at the beginning of the week and divide it into individual containers for a quick and easy high-protein snack or dessert.
Storage + Freezer Directions
Store any leftover protein powder mousse in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can freeze this high-protein c،colate mousse and turn it into a high-protein c،colate nice cream! Just freeze for a few ،urs and enjoy!
What to Serve with High Protein C،colate Mousse
This mousse tastes delightful on its own, but if you’re feeling creative, you can use it as a delicious dip for fresh fruit like strawberries, bananas, or apples.