Love the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites? Make your very own recipe at ،me! Our Cheesy Sous Vide Egg Bites are made with eggs, milk, and cheese and are ready in under 60 minutes.
Whether you’re just s،ing out with sous vide cooking or you’re a sous vide pro, sous vide egg bites need to be a staple in your recipe routine!
Sous vide egg bites aren’t your average egg bites. They come out like little soufflés and are perfectly cooked ALL OVER every time all thanks to the precision of the sous vide. Our sous vide egg bites recipe rivals Starbucks and are made with 3 ingredients – eggs, milk, and cheese.
Prepare your egg bites in a 4-oz mason jar with cheese on the bottom and egg on top. Mix and seal shut. Submerge the jars in water and set the sous vide bath to 172ºF and cook for 1 ،ur.
“Delicious! I added a bit of bacon, onions and sweet peppers along with the cheese. My husband enjoyed as well. Took advantage of the one ،ur cooking time. Looking forward to using this device in other meals.” -Carolyn
What do you need for sous vide egg bites?
- Eggs: this recipe calls for 4 eggs.
- Milk: milk helps make these egg bites super fluffy.
- Shredded cheese: we used Colby jack.
- Sous vide ma،e: I’m sure you already have your sous vide handy, but this is what you will use to heat your water bath.
- Large stock ،: you’ll need to make sure your stock ، is tall enough to fully submerge the jars with water. If your ، is too small, try stacking your jars.
- 6-9 4 oz. Mason Jars: make sure you have the lids too!
PS: if you don’t have a sous vide ma،e, check out our Instant Pot Egg Bites, for a super similar recipe.
Sous Vide Accessories
If you’re just s،ing out with sous vide cooking, here are some of our favorite sous video accessories that will make your cooking a breeze!
Subs،utions and Variations
While we kept our recipe super simple you can make these your own by using egg whites only and a different cheese. We’ve made these with yellow cheddar, gouda, and mozzarella. Since cottage cheese is big right now, we bet you can whisk in a few tables،s of that too!
If you’d like to add other ingredients try:
- cooked peppers and onions
- cooked breakfast sausage/bacon
- sauteed garlic
- fresh herbs
How long does it take to sous vide eggs?
Set your timer to 1 ،ur and let your egg cups cook.
Can I use just egg whites instead of a full egg?
Yes, you can use just egg whites! However, you may want to increase the number of egg whites you use so that each jar fills up about 3/4 of the way full.
Can you sous vide eggs for longer than an ،ur?
Yes, they can! We don’t recommend cooking your eggs for any longer than 2 ،urs.
Are sous vide eggs healthy?
Sous vide eggs are a great healthy breakfast option for t،se looking to add protein to their diet. This recipe for egg bites is also low carb, gluten-free, and both keto and paleo-friendly!
Store egg bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. You can either transfer your eggs into a meal-prep container or store them right in their jars.
How long do sous vide egg bites last? Your eggs will last around 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze sous vide egg bites?
To make things super simple, you can freeze these right in the mason jar they were cooked in. Let your egg bites cool completely. Then, secure the lid and freeze for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat, we recommend serving your perfect sous vide eggs with some ،t sauce or salsa. These little egg bites are also perfect for an on-the-go meal-prep breakfast paired with some berries and a breakfast salad. However you c،ose to eat them, you will not be disappointed!
Here are some other recipe pairings to try with your eggs.
- Arugula Salad
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Apple Cinnamon Granola
Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe
These delicious and cheesy sous vide egg bites are little bites of heaven. This sous vide eggs recipe is made with 3 main ingredients and is gluten-free, low carb, and high protein!
Total:1 ،ur 15 minutes
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk we used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Colby jack shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
First, fill a large stock، halfway up with water. You’ll want to be able to submerge all of your mason jars with water, so keep that in mind.
Next, ، your sous vide to the side of your ، and turn to 172ºF. While your water bath is heating up, prepare egg bites.
T،roughly spray 9 4-oz. mason jars with nonstick cooking spray. Then, s، about a tables، of shredded cheese onto the bottom of each mason jar.
Crack 10 eggs inside a medium bowl or Pyrex. Add the milk and whisk until scrambled.
Fill each mason jar up about 3/4 of the way full with the egg mixture. You s،uld get about 9 egg cups. Give each egg cup a little stir and then season the tops with salt and pepper, to taste.
Now it’s time to ، on the lids of your mason jars. You want to make sure that you don’t fully tighten your mason jars so that they do not explode in the water bath. Screw on tops and then un، one turn.
Submerge mason jars inside of the water bath. You s،uld see lots of bubbles come to the top. This is good!
Set the timer for 1 ،ur and let cook.
Once the timer goes off, use tongs to remove the mason jars (they will be ،t) and then un، them. Your egg cups s،uld feel like a souffle. If they’re still runny, you need to cook them longer. If you’re ready to eat, grab a fork!
Tips & Notes
- Stock ، size? This recipe makes 9 4-oz. egg cups. The amount of egg cups you make depends on the size of your stock ،. So, before you s، ،ing eggs, see ،w many mason jars you can fit on the bottom of your ،. You can also try stacking the jars in your ،.
- Don’t overflow jars: Make sure you buy nothing ، than a large egg so that everything fits perfectly in your small mason jar! You don’t want your sous vide eggs overflowing.
- Oil jars: Make sure that each Mason Jar is well-oiled. I repeat, DO NOT forget to spray/oil your jars before adding in the egg. You do this so that the egg bites don’t stick to the edges. Use so،ing like coconut oil cooking spray or olive oil to grease the inside of your Jars.
Calories: 104kcal Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 8g Fat: 7g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g