This fresh and flavorful black bean dip recipe is made with lime juice, cilantro, and smoked paprika. Ideal for healthy snacking or entertaining friends!
Snacks are my jam, especially healthy snacks. Whether it’s to refuel after a workout, tide my ،gry kiddos over before dinner, or serve at an impromptu get together with friends, I always keep my pantry stocked with the ingredients to whip up a quick and easy bean dip. This simple Black Bean Dip is perfect for making ahead to snack on all week, or makes a great appetizer for a game day party. If you’ve got a blender or food processor, you’ll have this dip made in less than 5 minutes! Since dips can be a bit of a slippery ، when eating them with tortilla chips, I always serve mine with chips and celery sticks! They give me that crispy, crunchy texture I’m looking for wit،ut packing on the ، and calories.
- Black beans: Full of protein and fiber, they are somewhat chewy in texture, but blend to make a creamy dip.
- Salsa: Make your own or use store bought, you can adjust the heat of the dip based on which salsa you use.
- Lime juice: Bright and acidic flavor that balances out the flavors.
- Cilantro: Fresh and somewhat citrusy in flavor, unless you have the gene that makes it tastes like soap, in which case you can skip it.
- Garlic: Pungent, aromatic, nutty, and somewhat ،y in taste.
- Cayenne: Brings the heat! Add more or less to your liking.
- Paprika: I love to use a smoked paprika for an extra depth of flavor and smokiness.
- Salt: Brings balance and enhances the natural flavor of the other ingredients.
How to Make Black Bean Dip
To make your black bean dip, simply toss all of you ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth and evenly mixed. When it reaches your desired consistency, serve alongside tortilla chips or celery, and enjoy your Black Bean Dip!
Frequently asked questions
How do you add more flavor to black bean dip?
Chi،le peppers in adobo sauce are an amazing add for this dip. Deep, woodsy, smoky, and delicious – this will be the ingredient that has your friends begging for the recipe. If you prefer a more mild dip, remove the seeds from the peppers which are where most of the heat lives.
What’s the difference between refried beans and bean dip?
Refried beans are usually beans cooked and mashed with some ،es, while a bean dip typically throws more ingredients into the mix, like salsa, cheese, or sour cream.
Is bean dip a good source of protein?
Beans are an excellent source of protein, so by extension, bean dip has quite a bit of protein as well.
More Party Snacks
Eat It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this dip recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials. Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
A great app for a party, or snack for at ،me, my Black Bean Dip will be a hit in your ،me like it was in mine.
No forks required.
Black Bean Dip For Game Day
This fresh and flavorful black bean dip recipe is made with lime juice, cilantro and smoked paprika. Ideal for healthy snacking or entertaining friends!
Prevent your screen from going dark
Calories: 56kcalCarbohydrates: 10.3gProtein: 3.1gFat: 0.3gSodium: 462mgFiber: 2.8gSugar: 1.5g