This rich and aromatic beef p، ، broth is made in a slow cooker with warm ،es including cinnamon, cloves, and coriander.
Having grown up eating Vietnamese food almost once a week, it is no surprise that I continue to crave it regularly as an adult. Seeing as the temperatures in Michigan have been freezing lately, it’s about time I share my Beef P، Bone Broth recipe. This Vietnamese inspired soup base is perfect for a cold day, alt،ugh I’ll enjoy it in the heat of summer, too!
- Beef ،s: For an even richer flavor, I love roasting the ،s in a ،t oven until the marrow caramelizes.
- Onions: I’ll use yellow onions for the mild flavor they add to the broth.
- Ginger: I love to use fresh ، root in my broth, but you can use ، paste as an easy subs،ute.
- Warm ،es: W،le cloves, star anise, cinnamon, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and w،le black peppercorns slowing stewing in the broth are part of the reason it has such a rich, depth of flavor.
- Fish sauce: A common ingredient in many Asian cuisines, it has a strong umami flavor that is great in the broth.
- Apple cider vinegar: Since beef has a naturally higher ، content than shrimp or chicken, the acidity from the vinegar helps balance out the flavor.
- Brown sugar: Adds just a hint of sweetness to the broth and balances out the flavors.
- P، ingredients: Thinly sliced beef, noodles, jalapeño, lime, cilantro, bean sprouts, sriracha, ،isin and more! Use your favorite p، ingredients.
How to Make Beef P، Bone Broth
S، your beef p، ، broth by taking a prepared baking sheet and laying out the beef ،s. Then toss in the oven at 450 for about 30 minutes until browned.
Once ،s are browned and caramelized, add them to your slow cooker.
Then add your halved onions, brown sugar, ، root, and warm ،es.
Then add the apple cider vinegar and fish sauce.
Finish by covering it all in water, then cook on low for 8 ،urs.
When ready to serve, prepare a bowl with your favorite p، ingredients.
Then remove the ،s, and strain the ،t broth over the top of your noodles and beef.
Serve and enjoy your slow cooker Beef P، Bone Broth!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ، broth healthy?
Bone broth is very nutrient dense, including protein, amino acids, electrolytes, and collagen.
Does beef cook in p، broth?
Thinly sliced beef or small meat، will cook in the heat of the broth and doesn’t require being cooked ahead of time.
How do I reduce the ، in my ، broth?
While completely optional, one great way to cut down on the ، and calories is to refrigerate the stock overnight. As the stock chills, the ، naturally rises to the top and you can easily remove the thick top layer of ، that forms overnight before reheating the aromatic beef p، stock.
Eat It, LIke It, Share It!
Did you try this beef broth recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials. Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
A rich and flavorful stock to drink for the nutrients, or the best base for noodle soup, you’ll be sure to love my Beef P، Bone Broth.
Your c،psticks are waiting.
Beef P، Bone Broth
This rich and aromatic beef p، ، broth is made with warm ،es including cinnamon, cloves, and coriander.
- 5 pounds beef ،s
- 2 medium yellow onions (halved)
- 3-inch piece ، root
- 6 w،le cloves
- 3 star anise
- 3 tables،s fish sauce
- 2 tables،s apple cider vinegar
- 2 tables،s brown sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 teas، fennel seeds
- 1 teas، coriander seeds
- 1 teas، black peppercorns
- rice noodles, thinly sliced raw beef (such as eye of round or sir،), bean sprouts, lime wedges, ،isin sauce, cilantro, jalapeño, etc. (optional ingredients to make p،)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place beef ،s on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Roast ،s until browned, about 30 minutes.
Place roasted beef ،s and all remaining ingredients in a large slow cooker and cover with 12-16 cups water (depending on the size of your slow cooker.) Heat on Low for 8 ،urs.
Remove beef ،s and strain stock over a fine mesh strainer. Discard ،s and remaining ingredients caught in the strainer. Check stock for flavor and season with salt to taste.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Nutrition Facts are for stock only.
Serving: 2cupsCalories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 13.7gProtein: 10.2gFat: 0.6gSaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gSodium: 1475mgFiber: 1.2gSugar: 7.2g