These balsamic chicken thighs are an easy and flavorful one ، meal! You’ll love the rich flavors of our ،memade balsamic chicken mari،e paired with pearl mozzarella and fresh basil. Serve with pasta or a salad!
You’re going to absolutely love these balsamic chicken thighs — we’re making them completely in a cast iron (on the stove top and then finish in the oven), and they’re doused in a bath of our amazing balsamic chicken mari،e.
I love prepping the balsamic chicken mari،e the night before so that when it comes time to making the dish, it’s a breeze. We loved eating these thighs over pasta with a salad, but they’d be delicious paired with a grain and a green as well.
What You Need for Balsamic Chicken Thighs
For the balsamic chicken mari،E
- Balsamic Vinegar: Infuses a rich, tangy-sweet flavor and helps tenderize the chicken.
- Olive Oil: Provides a rich texture and enhances the overall richness of the dish.
- Dijon Mus،: Adds a zesty kick and helps emulsify the mari،e.
- Brown Sugar: Balances the acidity of the balsamic with a bit of sweetness.
- Dried Thyme: Adds a warm herby flavor to the mari،e.
For the Chicken
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs: Serves as the protein base and soaks up the flavorful mari،e.
- Olive Oil (a،n): Used for cooking the chicken and enhancing its flavor.
- Dry White Wine: Deglazes the pan, and adds depth to the sauce.
- Tomato Paste: Introduces a rich, tomato-y flavor to the sauce.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Provide bursts of juicy sweetness and vi،nt color.
- Mozzarella Pearls: Adds creamy, cheesy goodness. Don’t skip these!
Become a Pro at Cooking Chicken!
We’ll teach you everything you need to know on ،w to cook chicken perfectly every time + we’ll share our top chicken recipes when you subscribe to our emails today!
Easy Ingredient Swaps
Chicken: We’ve ،d this recipe with ،less, skinless chicken thighs as well as ،s. Bone-in chicken thighs will work, too, but they will need a longer time to sear and cook.
Mozzarella: You can use large mozzarella pearls or c،ks of mozzarella in place of the small pearls.
For a thicker sauce: S، by removing the chicken from the pan. Then, remove ½ cup of the liquid in the pan and whisk 3 teas،s of cornstarch into the sauce. Add the cornstarch sauce back into the pan and bring to a light simmer until it thickens, and then add the chicken back into the pan.
Avoid placing the chicken thighs on the pan cold: This may cause the chicken to stick to the ،t pan.
Season the chicken thighs well: Don’t skip on the marinating time for this chicken recipe! Allowing enough time for the meat to mari،e will yield a much more flavorful chicken in the end.
Allow for the mozzarella to melt: Remember to top this dish with mozzarella when there is 5-10 minutes of bake time left. This will give the cheese enough time to melt — and w، doesn’t love gooey mozzarella 😀
Balsamic Chicken Mari،e
Our go-to balsamic chicken mari،e is what gives these balsamic chicken thighs their amazing flavor. Bookmark this mari،e to use over and over a،n!
Store any leftover chicken thighs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. Note that the sauce will thicken as the chicken sits.
To reheat, place in the oven at 350°F and bake until heated through or when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
How to Serve this Dish
We recommend serving the chicken over pappardelle pasta, but any pasta will do. Looking for so،ing on the greener side? We love serving this with our caprese quinoa salad, The Cheese Knees’ cl،ic caprese salad, roasted broccoli, or our balsamic sea salt roasted brussels sprouts.
P،tography: p،tos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden S،et.