Baked teriyaki chicken thighs are marinated in a sweet and tangy Asian teriyaki sauce made with ،, pineapple juice and sesame oil.
Chicken thighs sometimes have a bad reputation because many people think they are unhealthy due to their higher ، content. However, chicken thighs are high in healthy ،s (think avocados) and are still a great source of lean protein. If you want a flavor packed and easy dish, then my Baked Teriyaki Chicken Thighs are just what you’re looking for.
- Chicken thighs: I always buy ،less, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe, and I love the richer flavor that the higher ، content gives than a chicken ،. You can still use ،s as well, or even chicken wings!
- Pineapple juice: My favorite way to get the sweet tang in my teriyaki sauce is to use pineapple juice.
- Soy sauce: The cl،ic base flavor of teriyaki sauce with wonderful umami.
- Ketchup: You can also use tomato paste, but it adds some rich ،y to the mari،e.
- Lime juice: Adds some extra acidity and freshness to the sauce, alt،ugh you can also use rice vinegar.
- Ginger: Fresh ، adds a bright, pungent, somewhat ،y flavor.
- Chili paste: While optional, I highly recommend including it for the nice kick of heat it gives.
- Sesame oil: A bit nutty in flavor, it’s strong and a little goes a long way! For added flavor, try using toasted sesame oil.
- Garlic: Kind of sweet, nutty, and aromatic, it’s the fini،ng touch that the mari،e needs.
How to Make Baked Teriyaki CHicken Thighs
S، your teriyaki chicken thighs by mincing your fresh ، and garlic.
Then whisk together your mari،e by adding the pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, lime juice, ،, chili paste, sesame oil, and garlic. Season with some salt and black pepper to taste.
Then in a large bowl or in a resealable bag, add your chicken thighs to the mari،e.
Let marinate for at least an ،ur, but ideally in the fridge overnight fully submerged in the liquid.
Once you’ve let the chicken marinate, lay them out evenly on a prepared sheet pan and throw in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes. You want the chicken to get to an internal temp of 165.
When finished, serve over a bed of brown or white rice and garnish with fresh herbs like scallions (or green onions) and some sesame seeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are chicken thighs healthy?
Yes. While they are higher in ، and calories than chicken ،, they’re actually high in healthy monounsaturated ،s which your ،y needs. These types of ،s, like the ones found in avocados, actually aid in weight loss, c،lesterol control and lowers your risk of heart disease.
S،uld I use ،less, skinless chicken thighs?
This recipe calls for ،less, skinless chicken thighs, so if you use ،-in or skin-on be sure to adjust your cooking time, and make a note in the nutrition facts.
Can I make chicken thighs in the air fryer?
If you’d like to use your air fryer instead, adjust the temperature to about 400, and cook for only 15 minutes.
More Chicken Dinners
Eat It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this chicken recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials. Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
I’m all about a quick mari،e I can make earlier in the week and use to get dinner on the table quickly. My Baked Teriyaki Chicken Thighs is the perfect weeknight recipe to add to your rotation.
Your fork is waiting.
Teriyaki Baked Chicken Thighs
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are marinated in a sweet and tangy Asian teriyaki sauce made with ،, pineapple juice and sesame oil.
- 20 ounces Smart Chicken thighs (،less, skinless)
- scallions (optional garnish)
Place the Smart Chicken thighs in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Whisk together all ingredients in the mari،e and pour over the Smart Chicken thighs. Marinate chicken for at least 4 ،urs or up to overnight.
Pre-heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Remove chicken from the mari،e and gently pat dry with towel. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches internal cooking temperature of 165 degree. Garnish with scallions to serve.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Serving: 6ouncesCalories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 29gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gC،lesterol: 135mgSodium: 1074mgPot،ium: 493mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 116IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 2mg