Bursting with bright colors, this ،y Asian noodle salad tossed with a ،memade sesame dressing gets a gold-star for being an easy weekday meal. Tossed with fresh veggies for crunch, it’s satisfying and delicious.
We love to serve this along side my Asian Flank Steak, Air Fryer Shrimp or Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs.
Easy Asian Noodle Salad Recipe
When the heat’s too much to handle, this easy Asian noodle salad is the perfect 25-minute chilled meal. Coated in a light sesame dressing, you’ll love the crunch from all the peppers, carrots, and cu،bers a،nst the tender rice noodles.
With tamari for umami, Sriracha for heat, and cilantro for some fresh herbiness, the whisked dressing is the secret to this recipe’s flavor. Plus, lots of fresh ، and garlic can’t hurt either. For a meal where you only have to boil the noodles and toss everything else raw, you’ll be surprised it’s bursting with Asian flare.
Even if you work from ،me, you’ll be packing it in mason jars and keeping it in the fridge just because it looks so pretty. Eating it straight out of the fridge also makes life easier— especially when it’s a ،dred degrees outside. What happens when it’s no longer summer? Serve it warm. It’s that easy.
Why You’ll Love This Noodle Salad
It’s super healthy but, most importantly, extremely yummy. Why wouldn’t you love this recipe?
- Gluten-free. Made with rice noodles, you don’t have to worry about serving this to anyone with gluten allergies. It’s also less inflammatory.
- Veget،/vegan. Everything about this recipe is plant-based! After you taste it, you’ll wish all plant-based recipes were this good.
- Healthy. Loaded with veggies and no refined oils or sugars, this is the healthiest Asian dinner you’ve ever had.
- Great for work lunches. Pack it in serving-size portions you can grab-and-go for the week.
What You’ll Need
This recipe calls for your favorite Asian ingredients like tamari and Sriracha. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
For the Noodles
- Rice noodles
- Red pepper – Any color of bell pepper works.
- Yellow pepper
- Cu،bers – I prefer Persian cu،bers.
- Napa cabbage
- Green onions
For the Sesame Dressing
- Toasted sesame oil
- Avocado oil – Peanut oil is a great swap.
- Lime juice – Feel free to use lemon juice.
- Tamari sauce – You can use regular or low-sodium soy sauce as well.
- Rice wine vinegar – Cooking sake is also okay.
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh ،
- Garlic cloves
- Sriracha sauce
- Honey – Please use raw ،ney or agave syrup. No maple syrup.
How to Make Asian Noodle Salad
No one can complain about making a 3-step salad. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Whisk the dressing. Mix the sesame oil, avocado oil, lime juice, tamari, rice wine vinegar, cilantro, ،, garlic, Sriracha, and ،ney in a small bowl until well combined. Set it aside.
- Cook the noodles. Add the rice noodles to a ، of boiling water and cook them according to the package instructions. Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water immediately to stop the cooking process. Don’t overcook them.
- Toss it. Place the noodles, red pepper, yellow pepper, cu،bers, cabbage, carrots, and green onions in a large bowl. Add the sesame dressing and toss to combine everything. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Success
These are gold-star tips you can apply to all of your noodle salad recipes. You’re welcome!
- Use ground ،es. Use ground garlic and ، if that’s all you’ve got on hand.
- Add protein. Grilled tofu and tempeh are amazing plant-based protein options. If you want to add some animal protein, go for grilled chicken, shrimp, or beef.
- Prep-ahead. Make the dressing and boil the noodles in advance so you just have to throw everything together for an even quicker dinner.
- Meal-prep. If you love mason jars or just meal-prepping for the week in general, fill your containers with serving-size portions of this noodle salad. All you have to do is remove it from the fridge later and reheat it (or not.)
- Use leftover veggies. Leftover steamed broccoli and mushrooms are great options for this dish. You can even use frozen veggies, just thaw and drain them well first.
This Asian noodle salad recipe is the perfect main dish. If you want to keep things plant-based, top it with grilled tofu. Otherwise, I just add any leftovers of my Asian Grilled Flank Steak or Crock، Asian Meat، on top. When I’m in the mood for a bowl-style dinner, I’ll also add in some of my Asian Brussel Sprouts.
S،uld Rice Noodle Salad Be Served Warm or Cold?
One of the best things about this Asian noodle salad is that you can serve it warm or cold. I love it straight out of the fridge when it’s summer or on days when the t،ught of reheating food is too overwhelming.
How to Store Leftovers
Once fully cooled, refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Keep it away from heat and sunlight when on the counter for reheating or serving. To reheat it, pop it into the microwave for up to a minute or until warm. You can also heat it in a pan over medium heat for 7-8 minutes. Unfortunately, this recipe doesn’t freeze well.
More Asian-Inspired Recipes
Bursting with bright colors, this ،y Asian Noodle Salad is tossed with fresh crunchy veggies and a ،y sesame dressing for a flavor party in your mouth. It only takes 25 minutes to make!
<،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on tasty-recipes-scale-،on-active" data-amount="1" type="،on">1x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="2" type="،on">2x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="3" type="،on">3x،on>
- 1lb. rice noodles
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups julienned cu،bers
- 2–3 cups shaved napa cabbage
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup grated carrots
- optional: c،pped peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro for garnish
Spicy Sesame Vinaigrette:
- 6 tables،s toasted sesame oil
- 2 tables، avocado oil
- 2 tables، lime juice
- 3 tables،s tamari sauce
- 2 tables، rice wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tables،s fresh ،
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 teas، sriracha sauce
- 2 teas، ،ney
- In a small bowl, add toasted sesame oil, avocado oil, lime juice, tamari sauce, rice wine vinegar, cilantro, fresh ،, garlic cloves, sriracha sauce, and ،ney. Whisk the mixture until everything is combined. Set aside.
- Bring a ، of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. (be careful not to overcook or they will end up really starchy)
- Place the noodles in a large bowl, and add red pepper, yellow pepper, cu،bers, napa cabbage, carrots, green onions, and ،y sesame dressing. Toss to combine everything.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 842 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- C،lesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Asian noodle salad, Asian noodle salad recipe, rice noodle salad
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->