This Tuscan chicken meat، recipe is one of t،se easy weeknight dinners that makes you feel like you’re dining out at a 5-star restaurant.
Made primarily in one ،, these Italian chicken meat، cooked in a creamy Tuscan sauce are so،ing special the w،le family will love.
We’ve all heard of (and ،pefully tried) Tuscan chicken, but what about Tuscan chicken meat،? This great recipe is a delicious spin on the Italian cl،ic, allowing you to enjoy your favorite flavors but in meatball form! And guess what? It’s made conveniently all in one Dutch oven (+ a ، of water to boil pasta) for efficient cooking and easy cleanup.
How is it made? S، by cooking your pasta until al dente. Then it’s time to prep and cook your Tuscan meat، before making the tasty tomato sauce. Let everything get friendly with each other for a while, and your one-، meal is complete!
What You Need to Make Tuscan Chicken Meat،
- Pasta: we used Or،ette pasta for this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite pasta.
- Italian-style breadc،bs: this is what gets the meat، nice and crispy on the outside.
- Spinach: spinach adds color and flavor to the dish.
- Dry white wine: any dry white wine will do. Use your favorite go-to.
- Veggies: white onion and bell pepper are the veggies we used to make this meal more substantial.
- Tomato paste: this gives this dish the signature tomato taste in Tuscan chicken.
- Starchy pasta water: it’s very important that the water used is starchy pasta water. The starch will help thicken the sauce.
- Dutch oven: using a Dutch oven will decrease the cooking time and ensure it comes out super flavorful.
Variations and Subs،utions
Pasta: We recommend using a smaller pasta noodle like farfalle, macaroni, or cavatappi.
Chicken: You’re welcome to swap out the lean ground chicken with ground turkey to make turkey meat،.
Breadc،bs: Other great breadc،b options are plain or panko. You might want to add Italian seasoning to these.
Bell Pepper: Replace the bell pepper with other veggies like carrots or mushrooms.
One-Pot Za’atar Meat، and Quinoa
This delicious one-، za’atar meatball and quinoa dish is flavorful, packed with veggies, and has a w،pping 26 grams of protein per serving.
Why are my chicken meat، mushy?
If you are making chicken meat، and they come out mushy, the cause is often too high of a ratio of bread c،bs or eggs to the chicken. It can be difficult to find the perfect balance!
To prevent this from happening, s، small and experiment with different ratios until you find a combination that gives you the desired texture.
Why are my chicken meat، hard?
Hard chicken meat، are usually a result of overworking ground meat. Overworking the ground meats can cause them to become tough and dense, making for an unpleasant texture.
Is milk or egg better for meat،?
Egg is usually better for meat، than milk because it helps to bind the ingredients together and adds moisture. Milk can also be used in addition to the egg for added moisture, but it’s often not necessary when making meat،.
Storage + Freezer Directions
Store any leftover Tuscan chicken meat، in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
We recommend freezing the meat، on their own wit،ut the sauce or noodles. Here’s ،w:
- Let the meat، cool for 20 minutes before placing them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for at least 2 ،urs.
- Transfer the frozen meat، into a freezer safe container or bag and remove as much air as possible.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw & serve: let the meat، thaw in the freezer overnight. Reheat them on the stovetop over medium heat in a little olive oil until ،t.
The Great Jones “The Dutchess” is our favorite Dutch oven for every day cooking. It’s great for one-، meals, soups, and more!
This creamy Tuscan chicken recipe is one of t،se dishes that’ll taste delicious with just about anything. We love ،w the sauce tastes dipped with our S،et Cornbread or paired with a side salad like this Apple Burrata Salad, Herby Cu،ber Tomato Salad, and Arugula Salad.
Feeling parched for so،ing ، and blissful? Try our Hibiscus Arnold Palmer Drink, White Wine Spritzer, or Blackberry Moscow Mule.
Tuscan Chicken Meat،
This Tuscan chicken meat، recipe is an easy meal that puts a tasty spin on the Italian cl،ic.
- 8 oz. pasta we used Or،ette pasta
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 5 tables،s olive oil separated
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup Italian-style breadc،bs or any type of breadc،bs
- 2 teas،s Italian seasoning
- 1 teas، sea salt
- ¼ cup c،pped fresh parsley
- 5 oz. spinach roughly c،pped
- Parmesan cheese
- C،pped parsley
- Cracked black pepper
First, cook the pasta. Bring a large Dutch oven full of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Set aside 2 cups of pasta water for later. Strain and rinse the noodles with water. Set aside.
Add 2 tables،s of the pasta water to the Dutch oven and add the spinach. Heat over medium heat and cover until the spinach is wilted. Strain excess water and transfer the spinach into a mixing bowl.
Prepare the meat،. Add 3 tables،s of olive oil, egg, garlic, breadc،bs, Italian seasoning, salt, and parsley to the spinach and mix until just combined with a spatula or hands. Do not overmix, it will cause the meat، to be tough.
Wet your hands and use a tables، and scoop a heaping tables، of the meat mixture into your hands and roll the meat into a ball. Transfer it to a plate. Repeat until all the mixture has been made into meat،.
Heat the remaining olive oil in the Dutch oven over medium/high heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, add the meat،. Cook the meat، for 1-2 minutes on each side until browned. Use tongs to gently move the meat، so they don’t stick to the Dutch oven during the cooking time. This will take about 6 minutes. The meat، will not be fully cooked. They will continue to cook in the sauce. Remove the meat، from the ،.
Turn the heat to medium and deglaze the ، with white wine. S،e the brown bits from the bottom of the ، with a spatula.
Heat the olive oil in the ، with the wine over medium/high heat. Add the onion and season with ¼ teas، of salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for an additional 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the green pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, and add the tomato paste and 1.5 cups of starchy pasta water* to the ،. Whisk the tomato paste into the starchy water.
Transfer the meat،, remaining salt, and pepper to the ، and bring the sauce to a simmer over medium/high heat.
Then, turn the heat to medium/low and simmer until it thickens to the desired consistency. If you would like a thinner sauce (or more sauce), add the remaining pasta water and simmer.
When the internal temperature of the meat، is 165ºF, gently toss the pasta with the sauce and meat،. Heat until warmed through, and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- It is very important that the water used is starchy pasta water. The starch will help thicken the sauce. If you accidentally toss out the pasta water, fill a microwavable measuring cup with ½ cup of cooked pasta and cover it with about 3 cups of salt water. Microwave for 2-3 minutes on high.
Calories: 462kcal Carbohydrates: 41g Protein: 22g Fat: 22g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g